½ loaf of day old whole wheat bread
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup sage
1/4 cup poultry seasoning
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
The Evening Before
- Cook your rice and set aside.
- Tear your bread into small chunks, roughly the size of croutons.
- Add your sage, poultry seasoning and celery to the ripped bread and combine.
- Add rice and mix well. Allow this mixture to sit overnight.
Day of your Feast
- Toast your pine nuts on a skillet and set aside.
- To your bread and rice mixture add pine nuts, onions and mushrooms. Slowly mix 1 and 1/2 cups of vegetable stock into the stuffing, mixing well to evenly distribute the liquid.
- Place the stuffing in an deep baking dish and evenly distribute the remaining vegetable stock over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350-400 degrees F for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
2 tbsp Sage Leaves
Large pinch of salt
½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
3 lbs Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 cups shredded Daiya, cheddar flavour
1 cup vegan cream or ¾ cup cashew cream
1 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix sage, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Layer 1/3 of the potatoes and ½ of the onion in a lightly greased 13 x 9-in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp of the sage mixture and 1/3 of the shredded Daiya. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes, sage mixture and Shreds.
- Stir stock and vegan cream in a medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over potatoes.
- Bake 45 mins to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and top is golden.
1 ½ – 2 cups coconut milk
1 cup pineapple juice
½ cup rum
½ cup cane sugar
1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
4 cups ice cubes
- Place coconut milk, pineapple juice, rum, sugar and pumpkin spice in a high speed blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add ice and blend until slushy.
- Serve immediately.