To make this awesomely fantastic recipe you will need to do the following:
- Make some kick ass Potato Wedges.
- While those are in the oven start your pot of vegan gravy. Homemade or canned mushroom gravy works really well; Or try my Miso Gravy …Yummers.
- Once both of those are ready, all you need is Daiya to build an EPIC vegan poutine!!
Shredded coconut has a sweet coconut taste and a chewy texture. When used for cooking or baking the possibilities are endless. Try toasting it for a caramelized, nutty flavour and a crisp-chewy texture. It’s easy to toast coconut and a great way to maximize the coconut flavor in a recipe. This can easily be done in the oven or on a stove top, and takes only a few minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye and do not rush the toasting as coconut burn quite easily.
- Spread shredded coconut in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 300F for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to make sure that the coconut browns evenly.
- In a large skillet, spread out shredded coconut.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until coconut is mostly golden brown.