2 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 small onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 ½ -2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoons dried thyme
1 spring fresh rosemary, chopped
Pinch of salt
Pinch of white pepper
1/4 cup red wine (for a white sauce, use white wine)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with 1 cup of vegetable broth until well dissolved. Once dissolved, add the remaining broth and mix. Set aside.
- Preheat a pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onion in oil until translucent, about 3- 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and saute for another 5 -7 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Let wine reduce for about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth mixture and the nutritional yeast.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring often.