Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing
½ loaf of day old whole wheat bread
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup sage
1/4 cup poultry seasoning
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
The Evening Before
- Cook your rice and set aside.
- Tear your bread into small chunks, roughly the size of croutons.
- Add your sage, poultry seasoning and celery to the ripped bread and combine.
- Add rice and mix well. Allow this mixture to sit overnight.
Day of your Feast
- Toast your pine nuts on a skillet and set aside.
- To your bread and rice mixture add pine nuts, onions and mushrooms. Slowly mix 1 and 1/2 cups of vegetable stock into the stuffing, mixing well to evenly distribute the liquid.
- Place the stuffing in an deep baking dish and evenly distribute the remaining vegetable stock over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350-400 degrees F for 1 ½ to 2 hours.