Vegan Mac & Cheese
Oh the joys of comfort food! It’s that time of year when the leafs are falling, it’s getting colder and all you want to do is curl up with a blanket and eat your way to warmth and, well… comfort! The time has come, for Vegan Mac & Cheese! This is a recipe I have been developing for a few months. I know believe after numerous taste testing, combinations and feedback that I have created a mac & cheese fit for the hip vegan AND the Cheese loving omnivore! Voila! Check out the recipe below.
2 cups Brown Rice Pasta (or your favorite vegan pasta)
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 cups Soymilk
1 bag of Daiya cheese
1 tbsp Dried Basil
1 tbsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Garlic powder
2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari (to taste)
1 tbsp Paprika
Salt, to taste
Making Your Cheese Sauce
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat, and stir in stir in flour.
- Add soymilk and bring to boil, careful not to burn.
- Add all spices and seasonings, mix and add cheese. Stir until well combined.
Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour melted cheese sauce over strained pasta and place in a casserole dish or a deep baking pan.
- Sprinkle a layer of bread crumbs on top of your Mac n Cheese, and top with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Place in your preheated oven for 20 mins.