Ayurvedic Tea For Colds, Sore Throat (vegetarian)
It’s Fall, and I am feeling the cold slap of the winter season in all it’s flu and immune dropping glories. So to make sure that we are all prepared! Here is an amazing tea to help you get rid of that cold! Be sure to use only organic ingredients.
1 Medium size Ginger root, cut into pieces
Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu.
1 Tbsp Raw unpasteurized honey ( I know I am going to hear about this, but I am a vegan that uses Honey)
Honey is an antioxidant and contains anti-bacterial properties can help improve digestive system and help you stay healthy and fight disease.
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
Lemon Juice is a powerful antibacterial.
Tulsi tea leaves
Tulsi is rich in antioxidants and renowned for its restorative powers. Tulsi Relieves stress and bolsters immunity.
- In a medium size pot bring water to a boil.
- Add ginger and Tusli leaves and allow to steep 5-10 minutes depending on desired strength.
- Removed from heat and set aside.
- In a mug or teapot add 1 tbsp of honey and lemon (to desired taste).
- Fill mug or pot with the steeping tea you set aside. I like to use a mesh strainer to keep any leaves from falling into my mug.
- Sip and enjoy all day long.