Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream
1 3/4 cups coconut milk, chilled
3/4 cup agave or coconut sugar
1/2 cup organic natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, room temp
1 vanilla bean, grinded in a coffee grinder till powder
Scant 1/4 teaspoon corn starch
- Prepare your ice cream maker ahead of time by freezing the canister overnight. ( Don’t worry if you don’t own an ice cream maker).
- Combine the chilled coconut milk, sweetener of your choice, peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla and starch in your high speed blender. Blend until the mixture is creamy and frothy.
- If the mixture is warm, chill it before adding it to the ice cream maker.
- Set your freezing canister in place and turn on the ice cream maker. Pour the mixture into the freezing canister.
- Churn until frozen; at 30 minutes it should reach a thick, soft-serve consistency.
- Scoop into a container, cover and freeze.
** If you do not own an ice cream maker simply scoop into a container and freeze.