Easy Vegan Ceviche
I few months ago I was invited to Milagro Cantina Mexicana for a very special vegan meal. My favorite item was the vegan ceviche. A crisp, cool, and refreshing salad bursting with flavour, perfect for this hot weather we are having. I began to crave this dish daily. So one evening after a bottle of wine, I decided it was time to create my own version. This is sooo easy even those without a domestic bone in their body can make it.
1 large heirloom tomato, cubed with seeds removed
i jicama, cubed
1 large cucumber, cubed
1 mango, cubed
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 fresno chili, minced
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
Juice of 3 limes
1 lemon juice, juiced
1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt, to taste
1 tsp agave
1 ear corn, raw or boiled
4 stems spring onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1/8 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- Chop all vegetables (except avocado) into small cubes and place them in a shallow pie dish.
- Combine the lemon and the lime juice with sea salt, red chili pepper flakes and agave, whisk and pour on top of veggies.
- Let this sit for a minimum of one hour, overnight is best.
- Once vegetables are marinated, add spring onions, avocado and cilantro.
- Mix together and serve with fresh romaine leaves or tortilla chips and your favorite hot sauce.