You did it again, you swore you wouldn’t, but one drink turned into 15 and now, here you are, on your ass with your head in the toilet. After thousands of years, we are still in search of the perfect remedy to rid us of that head spinning, gut rotting, body aching, feeling. We could just stop poisoning ourselves… but let’s face it– thats not going to happen any time soon.
In the mean time, here are some helpful ingredients to include in your post-bender menu…
- Milk Thistle: Commonly prescribed for people with liver problems. It is known to help the liver function properly, and may help the liver process alcohol better.
- Gingerroot: Often brewed and consumed as a tea, gingerroot is known for its ability to settle an upset stomach.
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Juices: Juices help to replenish lost nutrients and they help re-hydrate your body.
- Lemon Water: The lemon will help to raise your blood sugar levels, and the water will re hydrate your body.
- Soup: Soup is a common hangover remedy because it soothes the stomach and helps re-hydrate the body.