Himalayan Rock Salt
Himalayan Rock salt is mined in the Khewra Salt Mines, the second largest salt mine in the world, located in Pakistan, about 300 km from the Himalayas, in the foothills of the Salt Range. The salt sometimes comes out in a reddish or pink color, with some crystals having an off-white to transparent color. It is commonly used for cooking similar to regular table salt, brine, and bath products.
It contains the same 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body. Due to that and the high mineral content of this type of rock salt, many health benefits are claimed to come from using it. Lamps made of this salt are said to help with relaxation, stress relief, insomnia, and headaches. But it also has many health benefits when consumed such as:
- Controlling the water levels within the body, regulating them for proper functioning
- Promoting stable pH balance in the cells, including the brain.
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Aiding in reducing the common signs of aging
- Promotes increased absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Lowering incidence of sinus problems, and promoting over-all sinus health
- Reducing muscle cramps
- Increasing bone strength
- Regulates blood pressure
So go ahead… eat salt!