Last Night’s Fun is This Morning’s Nightmare.
1 drink, 2 drink 3 drink floor? We have all been there, and we have all sworn that we wouldn’t do it again. We are all liars.
Whether you simply under-estimated the potency of that extra glass of wine, or you consciously made the decision to drink till you drop, now you are paying the price. If you would rather lay in the fetal position then face the sunshine. Or, find yourself cursing the sound of happy children in the street, then you have found yourself the right blog.
Alcohol is a poison, and the hangover is your body reacting and trying to get rid of the toxins that you single-handedly jagerbombed your body with. It really is that simple
How do you prevent a hangover? Obviously by not drinking you Boozehound! But since this is not likely to happen, here is some friendly advice from your local party animal.
Eat & Drink This!
Bananas- Just peel and eat. The minute you broke the seal, the potassium levels in your body have been diminishing.
Coconut Water– Nature’s sport drink! Replenish your fluids, sugar levels and electrolytes with this magical elixir.
Water- Duh, like I should even have to write this. But I understand that your brain is swimming in a glass of last nights beer, so I will elaborate. When you drink, you piss like a racehorse and end up dehydrated. So drink water and drink tons.Your body does not function correctly when you are dehydrated.
Ginger Tea- If you can handle standing for long enough this tea works wonders for nausea and an upset tummy. Cut slices of ginger root and combine with water. Boil for ten minutes, strain and add citrus juice like orange or lemon. Sweeten with honey and slam it back.
Half Lord of the Fishes Pose- Don’t look at me like that. Yes, I am telling you do a yoga pose. This pose is the perfect post-party liver flush, and you do it sitting, you’re welcome.
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended straight in front of you.
- Bend your left knee and cross your leg over your right, placing your left foot on the floor beside the outside of your right knee.
- Rotate your torso to the left so you are twisting your body.
- Bring your right arm across your body and place your right hand on the floor beside your left butt cheek. This will act like a kickstand.
- Inhale big belly breaths. Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Switch sides. Go back to bed.