In the past couple of days I have forced myself to be aware of my inner dialogue and who I am being as a person today. I have become very emotional lately when it comes to my career and the goals I have for my future. I find myself putting off what is important because I have a fear of…
It is not happy people who are thankful, but thankful people who are happy.
I saw Deadmau5 once. It was a wet August evening and for 2 hours the world stopped. I danced like nothing mattered. It was just me, rain, the stars, and 50 thousand other crazies dancing in the rain. #lollapalooza
This month I left my job to pursue my dream of teaching all of you the ways of a Happy Urban Vegan. Leaving your job when you have no money and no plan is scary. But I woke up one morning and thought to myself. I WANT THIS! I said a little prayer asking for guidance and guidance told me to commit myself to this dream 100%. So here I am. Every morning I wake up with a little fear, but I say a quick prayer and my mind is put at ease. No matter who you choose as your God, ask for what you want out loud. It will find you.
By: Ryan O’Connell
Published on Thought Catalog
1. It is possible to occasionally sleep with your friend without it turning into some big ol’ thing. Why is there such intense debate about this? Why did Hollywood have to poop out two identical movies that explore this STRANGE and TWISTED phenomenon known as, “friends with benefits”? “OMG,” a fearful woman screams. “Is it true? Can you REALLY sleep with someone and not want to have 10,000 of their babies afterwards?” Yes. Friend sex is tricky but it can work on a case by case basis. I would just advise that the person you’re boning not be your best friend and that you only have sex sporadically. There. Bingo. Now you can sleep with most of your friends!
2. Sex isn’t always hot. Sometimes it’s sad and sometimes it’s angry and sometimes it’s embarrassing. Sex comes in a variety of flavors and “hot porn sex” is just one of the things that’s on the menu. To be honest, messy sex is often more interesting than garden-variety porn sex. It’s easy to emulate what you’ve seen on TV. The real challenge comes from making sex personal and uNiQuE to the individual.
3. Sometimes you will feel overwhelmed with emotion and want to cry during sex. That’s okay. You’re not crazy. There’s just a dick inside of you. We’ve all been there.
4. There are certain sexual experiences that leave a nasty mark and, in most cases, the mark doesn’t go away until you sleep with someone else. The best cure for a bad sexual experience is a good one.
5. People don’t always get more interesting when their clothes are off. They don’t magically become nicer or more understanding. Sometimes a person is actually the worst version of themselves when they’re naked.
6. More people would like to have sex with you than you might think. If you’re ever in doubt, you should just assume that someone would be okay with seeing you naked.
7. While it can be good to take a break from sex, don’t be gone too long. Otherwise, you risk becoming legitimately terrified of sex. The thought of experiencing that kind of intimacy with someone is, all of a sudden, totally bone-chilling and you can’t remember how you ever did it. And that, my friends, is how six months of celibacy can quickly turn into two years.
8. Sex is the reason why you’re taking a cab to this douchebag’s apartment at 4 a.m. Sex is the reason why you bought those $200 jeans. Sex is the reason why you ordered a salad instead of a burger. Sex is the reason why you’re still dating this person, even though you know you’ll never be able to love them. See that? Therein lies the difference between sex and love. Sex drags things out that should’ve been dead a long time ago. Love, on the other hand, kills everything quickly.
9. It is possible to have really good sex with someone, love who they are, get along with them during daylight hours, and still never want to date them.
10. The person you lost your virginity to won’t always mean something to you. And that’s fine. They really don’t need to matter. Their one job is to make you not a virgin anymore and then send you on your merry way.
Read more at http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/10-things-no-one-tells-you-about-sex/#Q02sVto33RHiMRzK.99
I’m a Taurus. Big surprise there, is anyone shocked about this revelation? No, probably not. I am loud and creative, loyal and honest. But I am also stubborn as fuck. My way is usually the right way. Every time. Even when I am not right, I’m right. Yup. Stubborn and bull headed, always have been.
Recently, I have been teaching myself to listen more. Even if I don’t agree. It is amazing what you can learn if you just shut the fuck up for a second and listen to, or even consider someone else’s opinion. I have given up arguing and debating my peers and loved ones. Because no one else cares if you’re right but you. Right?
You can still be right, by letting someone else feel as though they are. Try it
What you are comes to you. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today Is The Day You Change Your Life
Sit with it. Some times life hands you a gift, good or bad, it is a gift. And what you decide to do with that gift is up to you.
So sit with it. Meditate. Go for a walk. The answer is staring you in the face. Just reach out and grab it.
Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This show clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness – Lao Tzu
Isn’t it the truth!?
Life is so much brighter when we focus on what really matters…
The climax of one of my favorite films… 70 years later it all applies.
Pet names are weird. I often find myself wondering if these pet names we use are really terms of endearment or a cute subtle way of disconnecting from your partner? What’s in a nickname or pet name? How is it decided? This is pet name phenomenon probably one of the most common, socially accepted habits that can develop in relationships. Nearly everyone calls their loved one an endearing nickname. Why do we do it? It can’t be all that bad can it? Yes it can!
Calling your partner “honey” or something along those lines is the first fall down the slippery slope toward a bland or nonexistent sexual relationship. It may start out small with babe, but this babe will very quickly morph into honey, hon, pooh bear, sweetie, love bug, pumpkin, cuddles, cutie pie, doober and other disgusting names that will ultimately take away any strong female or male qualities you and your partner may have had. Like seriously, Pooh bear- do you have IBS? Is it his way of letting you know that he thinks you’re cute regardless of your daily bowel movements? Pumpkin? Have you been frequenting your local tanning salon?
One of the most important parts of our unique identity is our name. Maybe you have a name that suits your personality. Maybe you find your name to be beautiful. Or maybe your name is the name of a mother or grandmother. There is something in a name. Our parents spent hours choosing the perfect name to give to their child; a name that they will carry with them with pride for the rest of their lives. Why would you want to lose that? Whether we like it or not, our name is the most obvious sign of our identity. And isn’t your identity the reason they fell in love with you in the first place? When you’re both calling each other sweetheart a small part of your identity is slowly disappearing. By using it, you subconsciously take the sexual tension down a notch in the way you communicate with your lover. This seemingly innocent word will effectively take away their individuality, their sex, their female/maleness, and what makes them different from you.
As a woman I feel that childlike nicknames like these put women in a childlike state. These less than sexy nicknames will change the way you feel about your partner, from a husband or boyfriend to a daddy like state of mind. You are no longer the strong sexy woman you once were, you have become a little girl waiting to be rescued.
Your relationship should be a never ending first date. You are not a generic human being, and you do not deserve a generic name. Think about what happens when a man says your name. Oh what a turn on, it is the sexiest thing a man can do. The simplicity of calling you by your name, the name that was given to you. The name that you identify with, the name that has shaped your personality. The name that you see on a degree, or on an office door; the name that makes you feel accomplished and strong.
So call your lover by their name; their strong, sexy name, and leave the pet names for the cats.
you are the cosmos
Mumford & Sons – I will wait
Lana Del Rey – Summertime Sadness
Kiss me hard before you go…
I am strong because I’ve been weak.
I am fearless because I’ve been afraid.
I am wise because I’ve been foolish.
Do all The Good You can .. Always
We live in a busy, busy society. We are always on the go and we are exhausted. A few months ago I found myself not eating, not sleeping, stressed to the brim and constantly on edge.
One evening, I found myself in the middle of making a raw pie without a key ingredient. It was raining, and I was tired. I really did not want to head out in that rain to the grocery store for my missing item. But the order had to be filled, so I had to brave the storm. After 2 minutes of walking I felt safe, I felt calm and I felt…. happy. After 7 minutes I found myself without shoes, in the park by my neighbourhood twirling and facing the sky, letting rain soak my face and hair. I realized at that moment that I had not been barefoot, in grass in a very, very long time. This feeling of joy I felt was me being grounded.
Grounding ourselves as human beings is very important! It helps us to be more relaxed, release anxiety, depression, stress, pain and fatigue, let go of the past, make our bodies happy, and allows us to manifest what it is we want to create in life. What is our purpose? When was the last time you asked yourself what you wanted? No, not those shoes or that cute bag… What does your soul want? What do you want to do in this life?
Not only does your mind benefit, but also your body. Your immune system functions optimally when your body has an adequate supply of electrons, which are easily and naturally obtained by barefoot contact with the Earth. Research indicates that electrons from the Earth have antioxidant effects that can protect your body from inflammation and its many well-documented health consequences.
Try these three easy and free ways to ground yourself. I realize it may seem a bit too easy; but if you are open minded and try these out, trust me, they’re worth making part of your everyday.
Walk on the Earth
We have soooo many nerve endings in our feet! Remember that movie Avatar? Plug yourself into the ground. Take off your shoes and walk on the earth. Run through the grass, frolic, and dig your toes into the earth or sand. The earth carries an energy that nourishes your energetic body. As we walk around in our shoes all day long we deprive our bodies from absorbing that healing, natural energy. So get back to nature and let the ground restore your energy.
Take a Hot Bath
Water is purifying. Sitting in a warm tub of water will wash off any negative energy that’s sticking to you. You may come home from work with other people’s problems attached to you, someone else’s bad mood. Whatever the case may be, sit in a warm, relaxing tub and get all that shit off your beautiful body. If you don’t find this calming, well at least you’ll be clean.
Sit in Stillness
Sit in park, under a tree. Place your spine against the tree trunk. Put your phone away, and be quiet. Just look, listen, feel the air. How does it make you feel? What do you smell? Notice what you hear. Just be in the now. Try to clear your mind of anything that does not have to do with your current atmosphere. We are always plugged in, we are never quiet and we are never without stimulation. Try to sit in silence and see what happens. Meditate.
What are your favorite ways to ground yourself?
You are confined only by the walls you build yourself
1 cup sugar
5 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
huge nubbin of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Combine 2 cups of water, salt, ginger, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a pan over the stove.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, until it is cool.
- Strain the syrup into a jar and put it in the fridge to chill.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Put 2 Tbsp. of the spicy-gigner syrup and a lemon wedge into a glass.
- Fill the glass with soda water and stir.
What does Namaste realy mean? Do you find yourself in yoga saying this word at the end of class and not knowing why? Well, I am sure there are tons of you out there that practice yoga for different reasons, athletics, spirituality, oneness, relaxation, meditation… and not all of these reasons require you to know, or even care what this powerful word symbolizes. Luckily for you, I a in a teaching mood today and will happily tell you …
Let’s Disect the word NAMASTE… “Nama” means bow, “as” means I, and “te” means you.
Therefore, Namaste literally means “bow me you” or in normal english “I bow to you.” Or put more eloquently, The divinity in me, salutes the divinity in you. It has a spiritual significance of negating or reducing one’s ego in the presence of another. Or in plain english; leaving your dirty, deep down inside you shit at the door for the hour or hour and a half you decide to practice in a room with other yogi’s. You are all equal in the space; no matter your experience, religion,wealth or social stature.
When we realize that each individual has a little bit of divinity in them, then maybe we will begin to treat each other better. Using this term means that I realize you have some God in you, and I respect you. Let’s stop mistreating each other and turn to respect instead.