Ingredients (makes 2 burgers)
- 2 portobello mushrooms, wiped clean and stem removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper, until blended well.
- Pour mixture over mushroom caps and let marinade for 20-30 minutes, flipping mushrooms over once.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat and place mushrooms on grill, gill side up first.
- Let cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove mushrooms onto toasted hamburger buns and top with your favourite toppings.
Recipe from One Green Planet
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup flax meal
2 tbsp Braggs liquid seasoning
6 capers, stems removed
- Place carrots, olive oil, garlic and salt in a food processor and pulse into small pieces. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Using your hands form mixture into patties about 1/2 inch thick. Or create falafel by using an ice cream scoop to make little round balls.
- You can either put this into a dehydrator for 3-4 hours at 104 degrees for a raw option, or place on a baking tray and cook at 350 for 15 minutes on each side.
- I like to place the patties on a bed of lettuce and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, avocado and tahini sauce.
- Using a washed collard green wrap the falafel balls, with your favorite toppings.
So Many Options!